Stoked Surf Bali Terms and Conditions
All bookings are subject to the following terms & conditions. Please read carefully
- Payment policy:
Online payment may be made by via PayPal using your credit card or PayPal if you have a PayPal account.
Lessons and Tours are payable in full at the time of booking.
Lesson/Accommodation and Tour/Accommodation packages have the option of paying a 25% deposit or payment in full. If you elect to pay a deposit, the balance will be required 14 days prior to your booking date.
If, for any reason your lesson/tour/package has not been fully paid by the time of your booking, you will be required to pay the balance upon arrival. This can be done in cash (Rupiah, United States Dollars, Euros, Japanese Yen or Australian dollars). The exchange rate current on the date of the booking will apply.
Please refer to section 7 for our refund policy
- PRICES Prices are subject to change however this is unusual and once your deposit is received your price is confirmed at the booking price advised at the time of booking.
- ALTERATIONS TO BOOKING Please contact us if you need to make a change to your booking. This includes booking dates, lesson packages booked, tours, variations to packages and/or changes to those people attending the booking. We will do our best to accommodate your request but may not always be able to do so. Please make any change requests at least 48 hours before your booking.
- TERMINATION OF BOOKING
We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to terminate without further notice the booking arrangements of any client who refuses to comply with the instructions or orders of the Company staff or other responsible person whose behaviour, in their opinion, is likely to cause distress, damage, danger or annoyance to other clients, staff, any third party or to property. Upon such termination our responsibility for your booking ceases and we shall not be liable for any extra costs incurred by you.
- TRANSFER SERVICE
- On arrival at your hotel the Car/Shuttle bus will look for you in the lobby. If they cannot find you, they will endeavour to call your room. The Car/Shuttle bus will wait 5 minutes after scheduled pick up time or, if late, 5 minutes after their arrival time. If they cannot find you they may then leave to collect other guests. If you are not ready and the pick up has left, guests must then make arrangements for their own transport. We are not responsible for lesson cancellation if the transportation is missed.
- We will do our best to be on time however sometimes traffic jams and local ceremonies may delay us. If the delay will be significant (more than 15 minutes), the driver will endeavour to message you via your hotel and/or local phone IF these details have been provided to us.
- It is important that you are on time for your scheduled pick-up as we may have other guests to collect and need to adhere to our program schedule.
- If you book a lesson for the same day, hotel transfer may not be possible and you may need to make your own arrangements to travel to the lesson. Please ask us at the time of booking.
- Hotel transfer service is included only in: Tuban, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak and Jimbaran. A surcharge applies to other areas. Canggu: $5 one way or $10 return
Nusa Dua, Bukit, Benoa or Sanur: $8 one way or $15 return.
Ubud: $18 one way or $28 return
Other: please contact us
6. GROUP LESSON
- The minimum age for participation in a group lesson is 15 years old
- As far as possible, group lessons will start on time as scheduled. There is no extra time for any guests who come late.
- If you take part in a group lesson, you might meet up with other guests.
- Guests in group lessons are beginners. If you are an experienced surfer this may not be the lesson for you.
- Please concentrate and pay attention to the instructor’s directions while you are in the group.
7. Refund Policy
- Cancellations made 28 days or more before the planned lesson/tour/package will incur a 10% cancellation fee based on the full cost of the booking made. The remaining 90% will be refunded within 10 days of the cancellation.
- Cancellations made 8-27 days before the planned lesson/tour/package will incur a 25% cancellation fee based on the full cost of the booking made. The remaining 75% will be refunded within 10 days of the cancellation.
- Cancellations made 24 hours-7 days before the planned lesson/tour/package will incur a 40% cancellation fee based on the full cost of the booking made. The remaining 60% will be refunded within 10 days of the cancellation.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours days of the planned lesson/tour/package will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- No refund is payable once guests commence a lesson/tour/package
- No refund is payable for multi-day surf lesson packages if guests start and then do not want to continue
- No refund is payable for bad weather.
- No refund is payable if a guest is injured during the surf lesson.
- If surf conditions become unsafe during a lesson, the surf instructors may modify the lesson and undertake activities on the beach rather than in the water, or the lesson may be rescheduled or may need to be postponed due to bad weather. If the lesson needs to be postponed, we will offer you alternative dates however no refund will be available.
- If you are unable or unwilling to accept these new dates then we will provide a surf vouchers under the same booking conditions that has been postponed, to be used anytime within 1 year, started from the date of the booking.
- We reserve the right to cancel/curtail your surf lesson due to circumstances amounting to Force Majeure – these include, but are not limited to, war, riots, government action, terrorism, fire, weather conditions, strike action and all similar events outside the Company’s control which prevent or affect the Company’s contractual obligation. Where such circumstances occur the Company will not be liable to pay you refunds or compensation.
- If you are not 100% satisfied with your lesson, you may inform our reservations staff at the office immediately within 1 hour from the first hour of your lesson and we will change the instructor / re-schedule the lesson. No refunds are provided and no refunds are issued for completed work.
- 8. BOARD RENTAL
- A $50 refundable deposit must be paid for all board rentals.
- If there is any damage to a surfboard that can be repaired, the estimated cost of the repair will be deducted from the $50 deposit
- iii. If a board is damaged beyond repair, lost or stolen, a US$250 fee shall apply.
- 9. PHOTO & VIDEO USAGE
Sometimes we take photos and video of our customers.
We reserve the right to use these in our brochures, social media and in any other promotional material. You agree that we may use such images in promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. If you do not wish to have your photo taken please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
During April-November our lessons will be held on Kuta/Legian Beach.
From December-March the winds are often onshore and there is often a lot of debris in the water that makes conditions unsuitable. On days where it is deemed unsuitable in the Kuta/Legian beach area we will transfer the lesson to the East coast (Nusa Dua/Sanur side of Bali). Your transport will be provided to and from the chosen location.
- INSURANCE TERMS & CONDITIONS:
We strongly recommend that you are insured for your lesson. It is your responsibility to ensure that your policy includes cover for emergencies and the watersports activities in which you will be participating.
The Company does not accept liability or responsibility for personal injury to, or the death of any participant howsoever caused unless by the proven negligence of the Company, employees, suppliers or subcontractors. In addition, the Company is NOT liable for death, injury or illness caused by an activity outside of the Company’s activities.
The Company does not accept claim for the medical bill and all the expenses during the medical treatment from the customers.
- If you have a complaint about any of the services we provide, please advise a member of staff as soon as possible. We will do our best to rectify all reasonable complaints.
- The Company cannot accept liability for causes of dissatisfaction that are not notified to us, in writing, within 7 days of completion of the lesson/tour/package